Writing a Blog Post is damn easy, but writing a perfect blog post is not.
Writing perfect Blog Post is not an impossible task. We can do it easily with little experience and practice.
But the problem is there are both good ways as well as bad ways to write a blog post. This is called as white-hat SEO and black-hat SEO in terms of blogging.
So, it’s better to know what is white-hat SEO & what is black-hat SEO before practicing and getting experience.
All the techniques in this post are white-hat SEO techniques and help you to write a perfect blog post.
How to Write a Perfect Blog Post
First of all, we have to discuss this question ” What is mean by perfect blog post? ”
If I have to answer this question, my answer will be:-
” A perfect blog post is a blog post which satisfies 2 legends.”
That’s it. Confused.
You should just satisfy 2 legends.
1st legend – The Audience
2nd legend – Search Engines
If you think once, this makes sense.
You write a blog for the audience, Whatever you may write, you want someone should come read and like your work. So you should write a post keeping audience in mind.
So you wrote a post which audience like. But now your post should reach the audience. Luckily, we have search engines like Google to reach them. But those search engines should also like your work. So you should write a post keeping search engines also in mind.
If you know how to satisfy these 2 legends, then Your post is definitely a perfect post which can bring high traffic to your blog significantly.
Once we know how to satisfy Audience and Search Engines. We can set an exact process to write a perfect blog post.
Let’s start with how to satisfy the audience and then search engines. So that we can set an exact process to write a blog post satisfying both of them
- 9 Tips to write a Blog Post satisfying Audience?
- 9 Tips to write a Blog Post satisfying Search Engines?
- The step-by-step process of How to Write a Perfect Blog Post
- Selecting Topic
- Finding right keywords and LSI keywords.
- Writing a Blue Print before starting
- Creating Perfect heading
- Designing URL
- Starting Your Content
- Using Post Title in the H1 tag
- Sub-Headings in H2, h3, h4 tags.
- Use short paragraphs & short sentences
- Sprinkle links, Bold letters, LSI keywords and multimedia inside the content
- Using Keywords in right places
- Writing long content
- Using Conclusion
- Wrapping it up
9 Tips to write a Blog Post satisfying Audience?
1. Write the blog post like a conversation involving ” you” & ” I “. It makes your post feel like a conversation between you and audience. Which makes your post better to read.
2. Audience like the good design as much as good content. That doesn’t mean to add good graphics to your site. But avoid more ads and pop-ups which distract the audience from the content.
3. Next, make sure your site structure is good and clean which helps you a lot because your audience feels your site is Professional. Because most of the audience feel small sites can’t give them the perfect result they want.
4. Also, make sure your site loading time is low. No one likes to wait for your page to load. They instead go back and search for another result which increases your bounce rate, which is not at all a good sign.
5. Explain In-depth with Good Content. Your blog post should be like an ending point for the audience to search. To explain In-depth, you have to write a really long blog post. Do it, it is a really good procedure to follow.
6. Maintain short paragraphs and short sentences. It makes your post easy to read and also look good.
A paragraph of 1-3 lines is best.
A sentence with less than 20 – 25 words is best.
7. Use Images, Images say a thousand words to the audience.
Use Infographics, People love infographics than reading your entire blog post.
Use Videos, not all people love to read blogs, some like to watch videos.
8. Use catchy headings, When audience see your Post title in Google, they should click on and get to your blog. That’s what our main goal of writing catchy headings.
9. Bold the words which are important. This saves a lot of time for the audience.
With the help of all these tips, you can make a blog post which audience like.
But, still, we have our responsibility to make our blog post reach the audience. For that, we have to make our blog post SEO friendly.
Here are some tips which help us to do so.
9 Tips to write a Blog Post satisfying Search Engines?
1. Use Long tail keywords, which help to rank better in Google.
2. Use LSI keywords, LSI keywords are thesaurus of your main keyword.
3. Write a long post with more than 2,000 words. Search engines basically love the long posts. Maybe because it can find more keywords in it. But, that doesn’t mean to drag the content of the post and mess around with keywords. If you do so, your audience will never like your posts.
Try to write the content In-depth, Both Audience and Search Engines like your post when you do so.
4.Using Heading tags properly which help you a lot in SEO.
5.Using short and Keyword friendly URL’s.
6. Using outbound links and internal links, Links on the blog post also plays a major role in SEO.
7. Making your Post better for Rank Brain, by increasing Dwell time and Click through Rate. You can find how to implement them in the Process below.
8.Using Keywords where they are really important. And here some places you should use your keywords.
- In Post Title and SEO Title.
- In meta description.
- In Post URL
- In first 100 Words.
- In Image alt text.
- In headings and Sub-headings.
9. Site Speed, Responsive design, Multimedia will make your post liked by both Audience and Search Engines.
Now you know, What audience and Search Engines want.
And with this process, you can get to know how to implement them while writing a blog post.
The step-by-step process of How to Write a Perfect Blog Post
Writing long posts with more than 2000 words helps you rank better in search engines.
But, dragging that post and making it long is not helpful. Because your audience doesn’t like it.
So, you should select a topic which is big enough to discuss and also helpful to your audience.
Anyhow, long content only gives some extra marks. But if you are missing out the quality, your entire post becomes a flop. Rather write small content with quality. Quality just means writing helpful information in an interesting way.
If you are facing problems with getting Topic Ideas. Here are 5 tips to help you.
Tips to get topic ideas
1. Start writing series posts but don’t make them part-1, part-2 etc
If you are food recipe niche,
Start writing posts on recipes with eggs. Write as many posts as you can in that series.
It even helps you to rank well in recipes with eggs on Google.
This series posts will help a lot in SEO than some random recipe posts.
2. Read your previous articles, you may get Ideas to write new articles from them.
Link your new article to the previous article.
3. Head over to forms and boards in your niche. You may know some forms of your niche. If not ,search for ( “your niche” + forms ) or ( “your niche” + boards ) in the google. Where you can find some forms sites in your niche.
There, many people ask questions. Some of them are too good and you can write a blog post on them.
4. Answer the public is an amazing site where we can get good ideas to write a blog post.
Head over to the site and enter one main keyword in your niche.
It shows the questions for that keyword.
5. Google Correlate is one of the lesser-known Google sites where you find Ideas for blog posts and you can even find keywords.
Finding right keywords and LSI keywords.
To find keywords, most people use Google keyword planner, which is one of the best tools. But it shows the same keywords to everyone and even your competitors.
So you should follow different methods to find more best keywords.
Here are some sites, where you can find keywords which are not visible in Google keyword planner.
- Forms in your niche.
- Answer the public
- Google trends
- Google Correlate
- Google suggests section on Google search results page.
Long tail keywords basically rank better than normal keywords.
- People generally search in long form in Google
- Low competition
- You can get in-depth on the topic with the keyword
If you are seeking to write a blog on making an eggless cake.
Then these are correct and wrong ways you can go with keywords.
Wrong:- Making cake
Correct:- Making eggless cake
Good:- Making eggless strawberry cake
Excellent:- Making eggless strawberry cake Recipe
Wrong:- Making a cake which has no eggs and also which has strawberry
With the help of the sites and instructions above, You can get a perfect long tail keyword.
My best suggestion is to select 2 keywords. One is long tail keyword and another is your main keyword
Your main keyword:- eggless Strawberry cake
Your long tail keyword:- Making eggless strawberry cake Recipe
Check the search results for those keywords and try to write better content than top 7 search results.
LSI keywords are Thesaurus of your main keyword
If your main keyword is eggless strawberry cake Then type it in Google.
In the results page, scroll down to the bottom to see this Google suggestions section.
This section suggests the related searches for that keyword.
Note them which are too related to your post and again search the related searches in the Google.
Now you will come with a new set of related searches.
Again note them and search on Google.
Continue this process until you noted 10 related searches.
These related searches are your LSI keywords.
Or You can use this tool: LSI Graph
When you enter your main Keyword, this site will show you perfect LSI keywords for you.
These LSI keywords are helpful when you are writing a blog post.
Now you are having,
1 Main keyword:- Eggless Strawberry cake
1 Long tail keywords:- Making eggless strawberry cake recipe
Some LSI keywords:-
Writing a Blue Print before starting
Creating a blueprint of what you should write make your post 100 times better than starting directly. List the topics you what to cover in the post and write on a paper.
There is no need to write a full post, but write headings and points to mention in those headings roughly.
It helps you write fast as well as write more quality and clarity content.
Creating Perfect heading
Perfect heading simple should be like an extension for your long tail keyword.
Long tail keyword:- making eggless strawberry cake Recipe
Your heading:- How to make eggless strawberry cake Recipe
But you have to increase your CTR ( Click Through Rate )
Click Through Rate is the percent of how often people clicking on your site when it is indexed.
If someone searched for Recipe for eggless cake and your site is indexed. But they did not click on your site then your Click Through Rate falls down. It affects your ranking.
We can stop that by making our headings awesome.
Here’s how to do so.
Use numbers in the heading.
ex:- 14 steps to make an eggless strawberry cake
Use modifiers in the heading like Fastly, quickly, step-by-step, Affordable, Right Now etc
Ex:- 14 steps to make eggless strawberry cake quickly.
Use brackets in the heading
Ex:- 14 steps to make eggless strawberry cake quickly [ Recipe ] or
Ex:- 14 steps to make eggless strawberry cake recipe [ Quickly ]
This makes your post heading look great and attract more people to click on your site.
Your purpose of Heading is done.
URL of websites should be short and SEO friendly.
using keywords in URL is the best way to go.
By default, WordPress sets you a URL similarly like this
But that’s not good for SEO.
Here how you can do it.
Starting Your Content
Starting lines in your content play really a major role to reduce the bounce rate.
If people come to your website and bounces back without moving to other pages of your site, then your bounce rate increases. It’s not a good sign for SEO.
Basically, most people read the starting line first, & there is no question about that.
So, you have to attract the audience in those first lines. Otherwise, they go back which increases your bounce rate.
Some tips to decrease bounce rate:
- Using the Good font size that people can clearly see your content without zooming.
- By not using pop-up’s right after audience entered to your site.
- Writing Quality Content with multimedia.
- Using related section at the bottom of the posts.
- Using Internal links that send the audience to another page of your site.
By, using these tips, you can reduce the bounce rate for your website.
You can check bounce rate of your site in Google analytics.
Using Post Title in the H1 tag
Believe me, these heading tags are directly linked to SEO.
Search Engines want keyword in your H1 tag. Some feel today’s Google algorithm does not depend on keywords. But that’s not true.
Google algorithm is so much upgraded than just using keywords. But, still, keywords are one of the best factors to rank high in Google.
Using the keyword in H1 tag every time you write an article is impossible.
But If you are using h1 tag as a post title, Then it is possible each and every time.
So that’s better to use H1 tag for a post title.
Using sub-headings in the post is better because it breaks the content and helps the audience.
Using H2, H3, H4 tags for sub-heading in the post. Helps audience as well as search engines to divide content and understand what you are saying more clearly.
Use short paragraphs & short sentences
Short paragraphs make your website look better. And also help readers to take breathe while reading.
Short sentences make your content easy to read and understand.
A paragraph with 1-3 lines is best to use.
A sentence with less than 20-25 words is best to use.
That doesn’t mean to sprinkle some un-relevant stuff. Use them where they are necessary.
Using internal links help to decrease bounce rate and using outbound links helps Google to understand more about your page.
Bolding important words in between content help audience to understand faster.
Using LSI keywords in between content helps your page to rank higher in Google. Why?
Because latest Google algorithm update hummingbird not only understand keywords but it also tries to understand the topic.
So, using these LSI keywords make Google understand more about your topic.
Using Images, Infographics and Videos helps users to get interacted and gain more knowledge.
Using Images in between content breaks content and make your content better to read. Also, Images help the audience to understand your content.
Using Keywords in right places
Here are some places to use your keywords definitely.
- In Post Title and SEO Title.
- In meta description.
- In Post URL
- In first 100 Words.
There are some extra places to use. but, it is not compulsory. Using them is just a better way to go.
- In Image alt text.
- In headings and Sub-heading
Writing long content
Writing long content is good for SEO.
Brain dean, Author at Backlinko stated that long content outranks short content.
But, long content is not so greater than quality content.
Keeping it aside. Make one question before completing your post. “So, what next? “
After thinking hard, you get some ideas of what audience think about right after reading your post.
Extend the post or write another new post and link back to the present post.
Sometimes, people not really interested to read the entire post. So, they come to your conclusion and check what you have declared in the ending.
Or if you write a long post, Conclusions act as a fast recall of all your content.
Wrapping it up
By using all these instructions, you can write really amazing posts which can bring a lot of traffic as well as you can create a post which they like.
So, what do you feel about this article? Are there any other techniques working for you?